“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.” ~ St. Augustine
Kenes Tours Purpose is to bring tourists from all over the world to visit Israel, show them this amazing country in a life changing way and attract them to visit again and recommend to their friends and families to also come and visit Israel. Kenes Tours is committed to excellence in service and in giving its clients an added value through educational enriching content.
Kenes endeavors to enhance its legacy as a leading and innovative provider.
Our commitment to serving the community and contributing to a better world by promoting progress will be renowned as greater than the business we created.
Kenes pledges to abide by its moral code of ethical practices in all corporate and social activities. We hold ourselves accountable to provide the highest standards of service, punctual delivery, reliability and open communication. We ensure that all Kenes staff is devoted to the same standards of integrity and common values.
Doing business with Kenes is synonymous with an outstanding customer experience. Kenes has long been renowned for its sustained exceptional service. We listen to our clients, anticipate and meet their needs.
Kenes is driven by a thirst for knowledge and the courage to explore unchartered waters.
We will not only live up to our reputation as a leading innovator in the field but also strive to improve it. Our corporate approach and management style embraces the facing of challenges, adapting to change, implementing cutting-edge technology and resources, and cultivating new ideas.
Kenes strives to reduce its impact on the environment, to maintain its status as a Green PCO,
and to lead by example.
STEPS TAKEN TO-DATE
- Several offices are already equipped with state-of-the-art energy and water saving devises.
- All office printing is on ecological paper.
- We have a fully-equipped waste management center at our Tel Aviv offices.
- We are striding ahead in efforts to produce green congresses. This includes methods of production, waste management, printing congress materials on recyclable paper or suggesting non-print alternatives (such as presenting abstracts online or on CD), ; shipping vs. using local products, and fair management of labor throughout the supply chain.
- We have drafted ecological purchasing guidelines for both office and congress use.
- Strive to offset the carbon footprint of our tours by adopting a social project. For example, replace the electricity of low-income neighborhoods with solar panels. This project would be a mutual contribution by Kenes Group, congress participants and the society.
- Implement ecological factors into our site selection process. Promote and prefer eco-friendly congress venues.
- Find more suppliers who uphold ecological manufacturing processes and fair trade throughout the supply chain.